These potstickers are a fantastic appetizer, and you can adapt the recipe to use lots of different kinds of seasonal veggies. They are so delicious that we would like to have a plate full of them, as a main course!
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tpsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Cup Kina Savoy, chiffonade
- 1 Cup Kale or greens of choice, chiffonade
- 1/2 Cup Eggplant, bruniose
- 1/2 Cup Zucchini, bruniose
- 1/2 cup Yellow Squash, bruniose
- 1/2 cup Celery, chopped
- ¼ cup Peppers, roasted, seeded, bruniose
- 1 tsp. Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Ginger minced
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro, washed, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Scallions, washed, sliced
- To Taste Soy Sauce
- To Taste Rice Wine
- To Taste Salt, Kosher
- To Taste Pepper
- 1 Pkg Potsticker wrappers, thawed
- Clean and prep vegetables. Saute vegetables in sesame and vegetable oil mixture. Add ginger and garlic towards the end of the cooking process. Add roasted red peppers, scallions, cilantro and season to taste.
- Add spoonful of filling to wrapper, fold wrapper around filling, seal with a few drops of water.
- Steam covered in a pan, or bamboo steamer for about 10-12 minutes or until pasta is cooked
- Cool, then saute potstickers on one side to brown.
- Serve with citrus ponzu dipping sauce.
Citrus Ponzu Dipping Sauce
- 1 each Orange, Juiced
- 1 each Orange zest
- 1 each Lime, Juiced
- 1 Tbsp Ginger, Fresh, Minced Fine
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, Minced
- 1 TBSP Crushed red chili peppers
- 1 Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Rice Wine
- ¼ cup Sesame Oil
- ¼ cup Honey
- To taste Salt & Pepper
Method: Combine all Ingredients
Many thanks to Chef Instructor Ron Westrom, and the students of the Charlotte Technical College Culinary Arts Program, for creating and preparing this recipe!