By Chef Instructor Jason Osborne of the Charlotte Technical College
- 4-6 ea Organic Lettuce Leaves (Red Oak, Romaine etc)
- 1 oz Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Ginger, peeled, Minced
- 1 tsp Garlic, peeled, Minced
- 1 Tbsp Scallions, sliced 1/8” thick
- 1 TBSP Hot pepper, Minced
- ½ Cup Fennel, small dice
- ½ Cup Sweet Peppers, small dice
- ¼ Cup Daikon Radish, (mascerated), small dice***
- ½ Cup Eggplant, Large Dice, Roasted & Cooled
- 3 Tbsp. Oyster sauce
- 3 TBSP Hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp Worden Farm Mint, rough chopped
- To Taste Salt and Pepper
- Prepare and Wash lettuce cups, dry well and keep cold.
- Heat sesame oil in a pan and stir fry ginger, garlic and scallions until aromatic. Add Chilis and cook 10 seconds.
- Add fennel, daikon and sweet peppers. Cook until tender, don’t overcook. Add oyster sauce, hoisin sauce roasted eggplant and mint. Season as needed. Voila.
****to mellow the intense flavor and aroma of the daikon radish, toss the diced radish in a pinch of sugar and kosher salt. Let sit for two hours, drain liquid, and rinse.