By Chef Instructor Jason Osborne of the Charlotte Technical College
- 4 TBSP Olive Oil
- ½ TBSP Ginger, Fresh, Minced
- ½ TBSP Garlic, Fresh Minced
- 1 ea Jalapeno/Habanero, Fresh, Minced
- ½ Cup Yellow Onions, Fresh Minced
- 1 Cup Chiogga Striped Beets, Small dice
- 2 Cups (Packed) Winter Greens with stems (Kina Savoy, Kale, Swiss Chard, etc.), Fresh, Large Dice
- 2 Tsp Curry Powder
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- 2 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Quart Chicken Stock or Vegetable Stock
- 2 oz Roux
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- ½ each Lime, Juice, Fresh
- 1 ½ Tsp. Sugar, Brown
- 1 Tsp. Fish Sauce (optional)
- To taste Salt & pepper
- 2 TBSP Cilantro, Chopped
- Prepare all ingredients.
- In a soup pot heat Olive Oil; add Onions, Garlic, Jalapeno and Ginger. Cook 1 Minute. Add Beets and Winter Greens, cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Add Spices to the vegetables and cook 3 minutes on low heat.
- Add stock and simmer for 30 minutes. Begin to season the soup.
- Add Roux and whisk until smooth. Add Heavy Cream, bring to a simmer for 10 Minutes; Add Remaining Ingredients.
- Adjust Seasoning as desired.