- 1 bunch of green kale washed, de-stemmed and torn into bite size pieces
- 4-5 medium beets washed, peeled and shredded
- 1 bunch beet greens, washed, dried and sliced in a medium chiffonade (stack leaves on top of each other and roll; then slice crosswise in strips)
- 7 stalks of fresh celery, washed and diced in small pieces
- Candied or raw pecans
- 1/2 cup fresh tangerine juice
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 2 T of balsamic vinegar
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 4 tsp. thinly sliced scallions
Place prepared kale in a bowl and gently massage with a small amount of vinaigrette.
Add celery, beet greens, and shredded beets. Toss gently together, mixing the ingredients.
Dress with additional vinaigrette and top with candied or raw pecans.
Many thanks to farm member Keri DeHart for this recipe.