A cold front is on the way, so we are making soup today!
Yield: 1 Quart
- 4 TBSP Olive Oil
- ½ TBSP Garlic, Fresh Minced
- ½ Cup Worden Farm, Yellow Onions, Fresh Minced
- 2 stalks Worden Farm, Celery, small dice
- 2 each Worden Farm, Sweet Pepper, small dice
- 2 Cups (Packed) Worden Farm, Escarole, chopped
- 2 Cups (Packed) Worden Farm, Kale, Chopped
- 1 Quart Roasted Vegetable Stock, Pureed & Strained
- 1 ea 14 oz can Diced Tomatoes in Juice, pureed
- 3 cloves Garlic, Roasted, Paste
- To taste Salt & pepper
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Coconut milk
- 1 Cup Cured Tomatoes
- 1 ea Spaghetti squash, cooked and removed from shell
- 2 TBSP Herbs, Fresh, Minced
- 2 TBSP Honey
- 1 tsp Apple CiderVinegar
- Prepare all ingredients.
- In a soup pot heat Olive Oil; add Onions, Celery, Garlic, Sweet Peppers and Cook 1 Minute. Add Escarole and Kale, cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Add stock and simmer for 30 minutes. Begin to season the soup.
- Add Cured Tomatoes, Spaghetti squash and Herbs.
- Adjust Seasoning as desired.
Many thanks to Chef Instructor Jason Osborne, and the students of the Charlotte Technical College Culinary Arts Program, for creating and preparing this recipe!