Many thanks to Chef Instructor Jason Osborne and the student chefs at Charlotte Technical College for creating and preparing this delicious recipe for our farm members!
- 4 TBSP Olive Oil
- ½ TBSP Ginger, Fresh, Minced
- ½ TBSP Garlic, Fresh Minced
- 2 each Scallions, Sliced
- 1 ea Jalapeno, Minced
- ½ Cup Worden Farm Yellow Onions, Fresh Minced
- 2 each Worden Farm Carrots, small dice
- 1 Cup Worden Farm Romanesco, Small florets
- 2 Cups (Packed) Worden Farm Curly Endive (or Escarole), chopped
- 2 stalks Worden Farm Celery, small dice
- 2 Tsp Curry Powder
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- 2 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Quart Chicken Stock or Vegetable Stock
- 2 oz Roux or corn starch slurry
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- ½ each Lime, Juice, Fresh
- 1 ½ Tsp. Sugar, Brown
- 1 Tsp. Fish Sauce (optional)
- To taste Salt & pepper
- 2 TBSP Cilantro, Chopped
1. Prepare all ingredients.
2. In a soup pot heat Olive Oil; add Onions, Celery, Carrots,Garlic, Jalapeno, Scallions and Ginger. Cook 1 Minute. Add Romanesco and Endive, cook an additional 2 minutes.
3. Add Spices to the vegetables and cook 3 minutes on low heat.
4. Add stock and simmer for 30 minutes. Begin to season the soup.
5. Add Roux and whisk until smooth. Add Coconut Milk, bring to a simmer for 10 Minutes; Add Remaining Ingredients.
6. Adjust Seasoning as desired.