This marinated radish recipe is quick, easy and delicious. Add the marinated radishes to your favorite salads or eat them just as they are.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Marinating Time: 1 hour minimum or up to 12 hours
- 3 medium to large watermelon radishes
- 6 red salad radishes
- 6 French breakfast radishes
- 2 cups chilled sour orange juice*
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
*Sour oranges are also known as bitter oranges or Seville oranges. Their flavor is a cross between an orange and a lime. If you can’t find either the fruit or the juice in your local market, you can combine equal parts of orange juice and lime juice, for a close flavor match. Less than a two hour drive east of our farm in Punta Gorda is Lakeport, Florida, the sour orange capital of Florida, and where they host the annual Sour Orange Festival the first Saturday of February.
- Add sour orange juice, olive oil, kosher salt and black pepper to taste; set aside.
- Wash and trim all the radishes, remove and discard the root and leaf stems:
- It’s not necessary to peel the skin of the watermelon radishes. It’s really a matter of personal preference.
- Slice the watermelon and red salad radishes into very thin rounds preferably with a mandolin, place into the bowl with the sour orange juice, slice each of the French breakfast radishes in half lengthwise, place in the bowl with the other radishes and sour orange juice.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for a minimum of one hour or up to 12 hours.
- Place in a plastic storage container and store in the fridge for up to seven days.
- Add to your favorite salads or when you may have to occasion such as dinner party plate them separately as shown in the photo below for a striking presentation.