While there are countless dishes that use mint, we wanted to present a beverage that really incorporates it and the mojito won the day.
This recipe was inspired by the recipe found on Bacardi’s web-site, http://www.bacardi.com, but modified for use with a cocktail shaker.
The photographs and original recipe were contributed by Ray Toves, a Sarasota-based chef and food photographer.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 25 ml Bacardi rum (short part of two-sided jigger)
- 25 ml Seagram’s club soda (short part of two-sided jigger)
- 1/2 cup ice cold water
- 3 quartered segments of fresh lime
- 1 slice of fresh lime
- 6 +2 sprigs fresh lime
- 1 tsp organic cane sugar
- 6 ice cubes
- Place 6 sprigs of fresh mint, quartered lime segments, and sugar into the glass (bottom) of a cocktail shaker.
- Press gently with a muddler to bruise the mint leaves, release the juice from lime segments, and incorporate the sugar.
- Add the ice, water, and rum; cover with the top of the cocktail shaker and shake well.
- Add club soda and pour through a strainer into a chilled, short glass; garnish with remaining sprigs of fresh mint and lime slice.